Captive Formation & Management
Unlike other companies who utilize boilerplate methodologies for valuing cyber threats, Quantar’s patented proprietary technologies and methods have been developed for over a decade in conjunction with award winning actuarial specialists in the cyber threat field.
By using our applications, your organization will be able to assess whether the risk exposure is such that part of it should be transferred out of the company by using insurance. There are limitations on the values that risk carriers are willing to accept.
In many cases using a captive insurance entity not only eliminates this problem, but also provides a far better value proposition. A captive can provide:
- Greatly enhanced control over your organization’s insurance program structure
- An ability to cover cyber risks that are not offered by traditional insurers
- A reduction in premium/rate volatility
- Increased capacity and coverage for cyber threat exposure values
- Tax efficiencies from directly owning the risk carrier vehicle
- Enables access to the reinsurance market in a cost-efficient manner
Quantar works with strategic financial partners in order to provide specialist knowledge and skills in the formation and management of captives. Whether you are looking to form a new captive or optimize your existing captive program, our partners, working in conjunction with our cyber threat valuation applications, can provide you with in-depth professional knowledge and guidance.
We are able to provide your organization with all the data you require through our cyber threat valuation capabilities that leads in turn to a captive feasibility study. This will provide you with:
- How captives operate within today’s global insurance market
- What the advantages and disadvantages of a captive are
- An in-depth analysis of proposed retentions and retained coverages assumed by the captive
- Financial projections (covering a 5-year period) which includes balance sheets and income statements
- A proposal for the structure, formation, and operation of a captive insurance company
- An explanation and comparison of captive domiciles, including regulatory requirements
Once the feasibility study has been reviewed and captive insurance remains an option for your organization, our strategic partners will then undertake an operational review. This will provide you with:
- An evaluation and comparison of your current insurance program evaluation to the captive business plan
- Captive operations analysis including detailed examination of internal controls and data processing
- The captive’s regulatory framework analysis and compliance requirements for governing regulations
- An appraisal of the captive’s third party service providers (audit, legal, actuarial, claims management)
Quantar, in conjunction with our strategic partners is able to able to provide complete structuring of your organization’s insurance program, providing fronting, risk transfer, and captive management.